The 2018 Pennsylvania One Health Forum is sponsored by the Goddard Chair and Endowment at Penn State University in cooperation with the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association and the Pennsylvania One Health Task Force.
Who should attend?
- Public Health Physicians;
- Environmental Professionals; and
- Any professional with an interest in the well-being of humans, animals, plants and the environment is encouraged to attend.
Not familiar with One Health?
Please pass this notice to others who you believe might have an interest.
This inaugural meeting is a special one-day event that we hope will:
- Bring together stakeholders to share knowledge;
- Find common ground; and
- Define actions to coordinate gains in human, animal, plant and environmental health in Pennsylvania and beyond.
2018 Theme - Advancing One Health in Pennsylvania: Zoonotic Disease Challenges
Welcoming remarks from the Pennsylvania Departments of Health and Agriculture will open the session and special plenary speakers include physician and author Dr. Laura Kahn from Princeton University, USDA APHIS Chief Veterinary Officer Dr. Jack Shere, Dr. Peter Hudson, Director of the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences at Penn State University and Dr. James Holt, chair of Pennsylvania’s One Health Task Force.
You’re cordially invited to learn more about our One Health initiative and add your voice and ideas to a discussion of the most pressing One Health issues challenging Pennsylvania.
Attendance will be limited to the first 100 registrants.
KVC registrants may attend this special forum at no additional cost, however separate registration is required.
Please use promo code 1HE4LTHK7C when completing your registration.
Welcome, Introduction to the Forum and Opening Remarks
- Calvin W. DuBrock, Goddard Chair, Penn State
- Russell C. Redding, Secretary, Department of Agriculture
- Rachel Levine, Secretary, Department of Health
One Health: A Concept for the 21st Century
- Laura H. Kahn, MD, MPH, MPP
One Health: A Veterinary Perspective
- Jack A. Shere, DVM, PhD
One Earth, One Future, One Health – Global perspectives on disease spillover and global health security
- Peter J. Hudson, DPhil
The History of One Health in PA; Where do we go from here?
- James Holt, VMD
11:30 am–12:00 pm
Questions & Answers with the Plenary Panel